Thursday, January 8, 2009

Second Hand New Dress

It's been a while since I've made Rachel a dress. A brand new looking flower print pillow case caught my eye at DI. I spent 3 dollars for it. It took me a while to decide what to do with it, but with that and my left over fabrics from other projects I decided to make Rachel a dress. I also made a matching Babushkah.

Rachel was quit happy when I finished making it for her. She wore it all day. It is so fun to see something transform from one thing to another. I still have left over fabric and I'm thinking about making either a small apron for a little girl or a small handbag. Anyone have an opinion?









The top portion of the dress and some of the skirt is from the pillow case.



5 comments :

  1. you are amazing! i need to take more lessons from the ever talented sachiko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am totally thinking of having you make something for my girls or for me or something! Something for my hair like that! I love it!
    You are so inspirational!
    I miss you lady!
    I hope I get to be in Vegas with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute!! I can't get enough of seeing your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooo HELLO ! My little girly needs one !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute and I love the hanker-chief!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin